970A Full Feature Linear Drive Control
The Model 970 Control Systems can be used with almost any full motion antenna for precision satellite, spacecraft, or celestial tracking applications.
The system comprises an Antenna Control Unit (ACU), Tracking Receiver Unit (TRU) and a Power Drive Unit (PDU) which are linked via dedicated Ethernet connections. This provides flexibility in locating the key system components, allows for variable separation distances and provides immunity to electrical ground plane transients.
- Optrack – Normally better than 5% of the receive beamwidth in winds of 30 mph gusting to 45 mph, satellite inclination of up to 15º and signal scintillation of up to 2 dB.
- Monopulse – For dynamic targets, normally better than 3% of the receive beamwidth for 30mph gusting winds. Minimum scintillation sensitivity.
Normally better than 0.010º RMS in winds of 30 mph gusting to 45 mph as measured at the axis position transducer. The ACU bias correction Model will significantly supress systematic errors affecting RF beam spatial accuracy
- Tracking, Pointing, and Acquisition modes
- Single drive per axis, multiple axes
- AZ/EL, X-Y, HA/Dec, and AZ/EL/Tilt pedestals
- GEO, LEO, TT&C, RADAR, or Celestial applications
- Single or Multi-Band operation
- Wide dynamic range and fine control resolution
Antenna Control Unit
The Antenna Control Unit (ACU) is the primary control and monitor interface point for the entire system, featuring embedded processing and a friendly touch screen windowed interface.
- Detailed status with color enhancement
- Easy touch screen operation
- Informative display with full text color readouts
- Extensive diagnostic monitoring and test capabilities
- Antenna and satellite simulators
- Time based active parameter display
- Ethernet ACU-PDU Control Link
Manual Control Unit
The Manual Control Unit (MCU) provides manually commanded, bi-directional control of all axes.
- Slim, 1RU chassis
- PMU functionality
- Dual/Remote ACU
- Fiber Optic Ethernet
- Tracking Receiver Display with Spectrum Analyzer
- Dual Ethernet
Portable Maintenance Unit
The Portable Maintenance Unit (PMU) provides manually commanded, bi-directional control of all axes. It has the following features:
- Hand held ruggedized unit with a 50-ft pendant cable for convenient local operation at the antenna
- Backup means of moving antenna and is ACU independent
- Four line, 20 character display for axis positions, tracking signal strength, mode and scrolling status messages
- Modes include position jog, Hi/Lo speed (variable)
- Weather proof access junction boxes at convenient antenna locations
- Enable/Disable per axis
- CE Certified
- Fiber Optic ACU-PDU Link
- SNMP Monitor and Control
- Manual Control Unit
- Rack mount Tracking Receivers
- Stainless Steel PDU for Salt Environment
- Extended temperature ranges
- Time Synchronization via NTP, IRIG-B or 1PPS
- High level EMI Suppression
- PDU configurable for various motor sizes and polarization controls
- Axis Stow Pin Control
Power Drive Unit (PDU)
The Power Drive Unit (PDU) provides all digital control to the linear DC drive motors and contains the hardware/firmware logic to close the position and tracking loops with high resolution. It also provides controlled maximum acceleration and deceleration profile limit windows.
A lockable handle secures the access doors while the system is operating. Lockout, tagout power disconnects are provided within the cabinet interior. Mounted in the enclosure is a panel assembly consisting of the Antenna Control Board (ACB) logic, power supply, motor controllers, and various ancillary devices. Status interlocks and position signals report to the ACB and, while in constant communication with the ACU, the ACB transmits information and receives commands to effect movement of any antenna axes. PDUs can be optionally equipped with EMI/RFI protection, and/or CE certification.
- The all digital ACB includes 3 embedded microprocessors for local position and rate loop closures
- Dedicated Ethernet link to ACU (fiber optic optional)
- Antenna interlock switches monitored by redundant hardware for microprocessor independent safety shutdown
- Outdoor rated NEMA cabinet
- Available in Brushless DC, SCR, or Vector motor controller configurations
- Beacon or Carrier
- Monopulse or Signal Strength for Optrack
- Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Based Receiver
- High Accuracy Resolver
- 0.0003º Resolution, 0.003º RMS Accuracy
- 20 bit, 16:1 multi-speed electrical design
- Position Encoders
- Absolute Position
- Available with resolution up to 26 bit, and accuracy to sub arc seconds
DC Brushless Motor
- Outdoor rated (IP67)
- Optional handcrank access via extended rear shaft with personnel access safety interlock.
- DC tach for motor rate feedback