BD Series Block Downconverters are designed to translate a block of C-Band, X-Band, or Ku-Band RF input frequencies to L-Band. These block downconverters have the quality, stability and performance required for demanding receiver applications in today’s diverse satellite communications systems.
- C-Band, X-Band, or Ku-Band input
- L- Band output:
- C-Band = 800 MHz BW
- X-Band = 500 MHz BW
- Ku-Band = 750, 800 or 1050 MHz BW
- Phase-locked oscillator
- INTELSAT/EUTELSAT-compliant phase noise
- Stable internal reference (20 MHz) or
- externally referenced (10 MHz)
- 13 dB or 23 dB (minimum) conversion gain
BD Series converters may be powered by one of two methods: Either supply +Vdc between the center conductor and ground of the L-Band output cable (cable powered), or apply +Vdc to the DC power RFI and the ground lug.
The alarm RFIs provide a Form ‘C’ contact set which indicates a fault if phase lock is lost. The alarm circuit is rated at 100 V at 50 mA.