BU-Series Block Upconverters are designed to translate a block of L-Band IF input frequencies to C-Band, X-Band, or Ku-Band. These block upconverters have the quality, stability and performance required for demanding transmitting applications in INTELSAT, EUTELSAT, and other satellite communications systems. When used with Solid-State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs) the BU-Series converters will shift the SSPA input frequency to L-Band for use with coaxial or fiberoptic IFLs.
- L-Band input
- C-, X-, or Ku-Band output:
- C-Band = 575 or 875 MHz BW
- X-Band = 500 MHz BW
- Ku-Band = 500 or 750 MHz BW
- Phase-locked oscillator locks to external 10 MHz reference
- INTELSAT/EUTELSAT-compliant phase noise
- External reference may be diplexed with IF input
or supplied via separate coaxial connector.
BU-Series converters may be powered by one of two methods: Either supply +Vdc between the center conductor and ground of the L-Band input cable (cable powered) or apply +Vdc to the DC power RFI and the ground lug.
The alarm RFIs provide a Form ‘C’ contact set which indicates a fault if phase lock is lost. The alarm circuit is rated at 100 V at 50 mA.