Cisco Business Edition 7000 (BE7000)
Scalable collaboration for enterprises
Bring your extended or growing workforce together with a full array of integrated collaboration applications that come preloaded on a single modular platform. Built on the virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) platform, the Cisco Business Edition 7000 (BE7000) is equipped with premium Cisco Collaboration applications for voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center. Turn them on as your collaboration needs increase and easily scale your users and devices by deploying additional BE7000 servers. The modular building block design of BE7000 is ideal for deployments from several hundred users to tens of thousands of users, providing plenty of room for future growth.
- Voice over IP phone system (VoIP): Comprehensive Unified Communications capabilities including voice and video calling, voicemail, messaging and presence, contact center and mobility options for every user.
- Easy installation and management: It’s preloaded with all the essential collaboration applications you need, and simple to deploy and manage. Consolidate your communications infrastructure costs and reduce maintenance overheads.
- Flexible premises and hybrid cloud deployment: Deploy essential communications on-premises and add the latest meetings and messaging services from the Cisco Webex collaboration cloud.
- Scalable design for future growth: It’s purpose-built for small and midsize businesses with the industry’s leading Cisco Unified Communications Manager. It grows with the pace of your business as you add new users or locations.
The BE7000 platforms typically host a selection of core applications as part of a comprehensive Cisco collaboration solution.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) is the call-processing engine of Cisco’s Collaboration Architecture. It extends voice and video features to network devices such as IP phones, telepresence endpoints, media-processing devices, gateways, and multimedia applications. Cisco Unified CM is equipped for use with the Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence Service. In addition, multimedia conferencing, collaborative contact centers, and interactive multimedia response systems are made possible through its open telephony APIs.
- Cisco Unity Connection integrates voice-messaging and voice-recognition functions to provide continuous global access to calls and messages. Its advanced convergence-based communication services allow you to use natural-language voice commands to place calls or listen to messages in hands-free mode and to check voice messages from your desktop, either from your email inbox or using a web browser. It also provides robust auto-attendant functions, including intelligent routing for incoming calls and easily customizable call-screening and message-notification options.
- Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles provide the human attendant console operator with the tools to quickly accept and effectively dispatch incoming calls to individuals across the organization.
- Cisco Emergency Responder helps assure that Cisco Unified Communications Manager sends emergency calls to the appropriate U.S. Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller’s location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller’s location and return the call if necessary. The system automatically tracks and updates equipment moves and changes, helping ensure better compliance with legal or regulatory obligations and reducing the risk of liability related to emergency calls as a result.
- Cisco Paging Server provides paging capabilities for all users. It supports basic and advanced paging features. Basic paging features require no license and allow point-to-point or group audio paging between groups of up to 50 Cisco IP phones. An advanced paging license allows unlimited paging groups. It also makes possible other advanced functions, including paging to overhead analog and IP speakers, bell scheduling, prioritizing emergency notifications with the call-barge option, prerecorded and text-only pages, integration with social media sites for notification, email and Short Message Service (SMS) mass notification and all-number monitoring, emergency services alerting, and integration with Cisco Jabber clients.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service provides embedded standards-based enterprise instant messaging and network-based presence. The service is secure, scalable, easy to manage, and rich in features. It’s tightly integrated with Cisco Jabber® desktop and mobile instant messaging and presence clients and the Cisco Jabber Software Development Kit (SDK). Collaboration clients such as Cisco Jabber use products from the Cisco collaboration portfolio to perform many functions, such as instant messaging, presence, click-to-call, phone control, voice, video, visual voicemail, and web collaboration.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express product line helps businesses and organizations deliver a connected digital experience, enabling you to provide contextual, continuous, and capability-rich journeys for your customers, across time and channels. This easy-to-deploy and easy-to-use solution is designed for midmarket companies or enterprise branch offices. Secure and highly available, it supports powerful agent-based services and fully integrated self-service applications, including Automatic Call Distributor (ACD), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) and digital channels, including email and chat.
- Cisco Expressway is an advanced gateway that helps make collaboration as simple, secure, and effective outside the organization as it is inside. Expressway provides remote access to mobile users and teleworkers, without the need for a separate VPN client. It supports business-to-business and business-to-consumer collaboration, and video interoperability with third-party standards-based systems. Expressway also enables seamless hybrid collaboration experiences, connecting on-premises unified communications assets to Cisco Webex cloud services.
- Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning provides an automated process for initial deployments and for ongoing moves, adds, changes, and deletions. An intuitive user interface provides a single view of a subscriber and the subscriber’s services. Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning significantly accelerates site rollouts and dramatically reduces the time required for ongoing changes. The result? Exceptional productivity gains and lower operating expenses. In addition, Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning simplifies the tasks, allowing organizations to optimize IT resources and further reduce total cost of ownership.
- Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment is an application that is designed to assist in the management of unified communications applications. It allows you to perform tasks such as migration of older software versions to new virtual machines, fresh installs, and upgrades of existing applications.
- Cisco TelePresence Management Suite offers flexible scheduling capabilities for video meetings, including the ability to integrate with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365. At the core of the Cisco collaboration infrastructure portfolio, the suite facilitates on-premises video collaboration. It works with Cisco Meeting Server and Cisco TelePresence Server deployments.
- (Not preloaded) Cisco Meeting Server brings premises-based video, audio, and web communication together to meet the collaboration needs of the modern workplace. It works with third-party devices and provides an enjoyable and intuitive user experience. It also scales easily and can be purchased using our all-in-one, user-based multiparty licensing offer.
Platform Model Options
Cisco BE7000 platforms are built on virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) products, which are designed for performance and density over a wide range of company sizes and business workloads. There are two models:
- Built for large enterprises
- Optimized for over 1,000 users
- Supports more than 3000 devices
- Supports four to six collaboration applications
- Built for video-intensive large enterprises
- Optimized for over 1,000 users
- Supports more than 3000 devices
- Supports eight to ten collaboration applications