Planet Communications Asia PLC.
PlanetComm, located at Bangkok Thailand, we are Leader of Telecommunications and Digital TV Technologies in ASEAN region. We design, make, integrate, install Total Solution System for Enterprise, Public Sector, Service Provider, Broadcasting and International Clients/Markets. Our diversified technologies and products are developed from world class vendors as well as our in-house R&D team, which are consisting of Wireless Network, Wired Network, Multimedia and Digital TV. By our proven experiences and technical knowledge since 1994, we are confident to make communications work for our customer’s requirements as a Trusted Advisor. Our professional services from Pre-Sales, Implementation and After Sales are processing through ISO 9001:2015 quality standards.
Major company milestones and accolades as follows:
- Founded as “Technology Gateway Asia Co., Ltd.”; rendered services for the consultancy, development and implementation of satellite communication systems.
- Appointed as an authorized distributor of satellite communication products for Prodelin/Vertex (GD SATCom), Comtech EF Data and Viasat.
- Increased paid-up capital to 5 million baht for expansion.
- Appointed as a distributor of satellite communication products for CODAN.
- Rebranded as Planet Communications Asia Co., Ltd.
- Increased paid-up capital to 15 million baht for expansion.
- Increased paid-up capital to 25 million baht for expansion.
- Commenced wired network services; appointed as an authorized distributor of data network products for Patton Electronics and security network products for Thales Group.
- Commenced multimedia services Appointed as an authorized distributor of video conferencing systems for Polycom.
- Granted ISO 9001:2000 accreditation.
- Broadcast services; provided satellite earth station devices to television broadcasting companies in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- Successful in-house R&D to manufacture 1:1 Redundant LNB/LNA equipment.
- Commenced terrestrial wireless and radio communications services; appointed as an authorized distributor for Motorola and CODAN HF.
- Successful in-house R&D to assemble a mobile satellite vehicle.
- Relocated Head Office to PlanetComm Building on Ramindra Road. The new HO is an ‘intelligent’ building that uses cutting-edge telecommunications and multimedia facilities, enabling the Company to demonstrate products and position itself for future growth.
- Granted ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
- Selected to be a Wireless Platinum Partner from Motorola Inc.
- Won the Telecom Innovation Award from the Telecommunications Research and Industrial Development Institute (TRIDI)for its 1:1 LNx Redundant Controller.
- Awarded for Sales Growth Achievement (Asia Pacific Region) by the Broadcast Pix.
- Won the Top Enterprise Partners Award from ZyXEL Communication Corp.
- Collaborated on R&D with the National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC) to manufacture the radio jammer T-Box 3.0.
- Commenced second generation terrestrial digital video broadcasting (DBV T2/Digital TV) services in preparation for the transition from analog broadcasting to digital system, in accordance with public policy.
- Appointed as an authorized Radio Telecommunications Equipment Service Center for CODAN.
- Became the only company in Thailand to qualify as a TelePresence Video Master Authorized Technology Partner for Cisco.
- Awarded FY12 Public Sector Partner of the Year by Cisco.
- Appointed as an authorized distributor of terrestrial and digital TV broadcasting systems for Cobham, TVU, and Thomson.
- Won the Top Congeniality Collaboration Partner Award, Premier Certified Partner Award (Cisco Channel Partner Program) and FY13 Top YoY Growth of the Year Award from Cisco.
- Was officially appointed as an authorized distributor and service center of mobile satellite communications system (Satcom on-the-move) for ThinKom in Thailand and Vietnam.
- Was appointed as an authorized partner of CODAN.
- Won the Best Performance / Marketing Penetration Award from TVU Network.
- Awarded the Best Growth Partner of the Year by ClearOne.
- Listed as a public limited company (PLC).
- Changed par value per share from 10.00 baht to 1.00 baht, resulting in a tenfold increase of ordinary shares from 2.5 million to 25 million.Increased registered capital from 25 million baht to 250 million baht by issuing 225 million new ordinary shares with a par value per share of 1.00 baht allocated as follows:
- 150 million shares to existing shareholders, resulting in the increase of the Company’s paid-up capital to 175 million shares
- 70 million shares via the initial public offering (IPO)
- 5 million shares to the Company’s directors and employees
- Began offering 75 million capital gain shares at 2.80 baht per share, consisting of 70 million shares via IPO and 5 million shares to the Company’s directors and employees.
- Traded ordinary shares on the Market for Alternative Investment (MAI) under the stock symbol “PCA” on June 23.
- Appointed as a Premier Partner of Cisco.
- Awarded THE MOST IMPROVED VAR YEAR-ON-YEAR REVENUE INCREASE by Cobham
- PlanetFiber being granted by NBTC for Telecommunications Business Operation License,Type III on September 2, 2015.
- Awarded as the Excellent in Innovation Enterprise of Total Innovation Management Awards (TIM2016) by Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), Market for Alternative Investment (MAI), and Nation Innovation Agency(NIA)
- Awarded Excellence in Industry for APAC by Polycom
- Awarded Platinum Partner by Polycom
- Change of short title under Stock Exchange from “PCA” to “PLANET”
- Establishing the subsidiary company under the name of PlanetFiber Co., Ltd. for operating lease service for cable telecommunications network for client accessibility on August 16, 2017
- Being appointed as an authorized distributor in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam by General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies (GD Satcom) as the global satellite and wireless telecommunications network technology system.
- Being certified for business partner by Airbus as a leader for aircraft manufacture technologies and assembly as well as global telecommunications network technologies.
- Being awarded as a private company giving importance and having social merits on environmental aspect as well as collaboration with young generation for comprehension
and sustainable natural resources in the project of “ 2016 Save The World Expo”
- Conducting a research and development with National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC) for WT-Defender production.
- A WT-Defender product named T-Box 3.0 under trade name of PlanetComm attested for innovations qualification by National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) and published in Thailand’s taxonomy innovation by Bureau of the Budget, Edition June, 2017.
- Acquiring a testimonial from The Federation of Thai Industries (F.T.I.) as its member for products and services development from local research and completing the registration of Thailand’s taxonomy innovations
- Being funded for the Innovation Project sponsorship for the project of Cloud PBX under the project of “ Transforming Technology to Capital ” with National Innovation Agency (Public Organization)
- Appointed as an authorized distributors of Stream Labs Television Computer Systems in Broadcasting System
- Granted the certified by Thailand’s Private Sector Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption (CAC) on May 17, 2018
- “Voice over IP” with number and without number license was granted by National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC)
for operation PlanetCloud
- Granted ISO 9001 : 2015 accreditation.