EMR Video Router
High Density Modular Video Router (3G, HD, SD, ASI)
The EMR is a multi-format modular router that provides a high-density solution without compromising functionality. The EMR provides a unifi ed platform for routing video as well as other formats. The EMR uses a proprietary X-Link interface to produce a video router that is both cost effective and powerful.
A single 6RU frame can accommodate 128 x 128 video signals, and expansion beyond this is as easy as adding another frame. With two 6RU frames, the EMR can accommodate 256 x 256 video signals with full redundancy.
The modular design of the EMR means there are no limitations to the signal formats that can be added to the router, or limitations to the size to which it can be expanded. Other products that can be combined with the EMR are audio routing, master controllers, multi-viewers and more.
The EMR allows any mix of formats within a frame. The inputs and outputs are scalable in blocks of 32. A system consists of the input stage, the crosspoint, and the output stage. Each input and output device is connected to the crosspoint through a proprietary X-Link connection. The use of this connection is what provides the flexibility for the system to scale and evolve with changing needs.
The EMR can be scaled well beyond a single frame. A single crosspoint module can support up to nine input modules and nine output modules, allowing a system to scale to 288 x 288 video signals.
Each input and output card in the EMR contains multiple X-Link interfaces that allow connections to multiple crosspoints. Each input card provides two X-Link outputs that can be used for redundant connections, and each output card provides two X-Link inputs that can be setup to automatically failover if the primary connection fails. The redundancy structure of the EMR minimizes the chances of any failure to the system.
Control of the EMR is via the SC-2000 system controller. The SC-2000 provides a unified interface for the EMR so that it can function as a standalone system and be controlled using a wide range of control panels and interfaces. When combined with MAGNUM, the EMR can utilize further enhancements in configuration and control. The EMR also provides a SNMP interface to control various configuration options.
When combined with MVPX and VIPX multi-viewers, the EMR provides an abundant of options to monitor the integrity of video signals. Each crosspoint module contains nine X-Link outputs that are available to feed video signals.
- Support for 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, DVB-ASI, SMPTE ST 310-1 and more
- Scalable to 128 x 128 in a single 6RU frame
- Scalable to 288 x288 in two 6RU frames
- Input expansion in steps of 32
- Output expansion in steps of 32
- Source-by-source intelligent auto configuration:
- Input equalization (on/off)
- Output reclocking (on/off)
- ASI mode (on/off)
Advanced System Control & Interfacing
- Supports the full range of Quartz remote control panels
- Full VistaLINK PRO command & control, SNMP & AVM
- Supports a wide selection of control protocols
- Ethernet, Serial RS-422/RS-232 connections
- Full integration with 3rd party automation systems
- High availability, 24/7 design
- Full modular design
- All modules are hot-swappable
- All components are front accessible
- Passive I/O
- External MI connection
- Redundant frame controller
- Redundant crosspoint
- Redundant power supply
- VistaLINK PRO SNMP monitoring of I/O modules