DM-240XR DVB Modulator with AutoEQ
The DM240XR is DVB-S2 ready and can easily be upgraded in the field. The DM240XR provides a comprehensive set of advanced S2 features. The DM240XR extends its dominance in broadcast applications through increased data rate capability and the addition of 16APSK and 32APSK support. Proven performance operating near Shannon’s limit offers results with 30% better bandwidth efficiencies and carrier to noise figures below the noise floor.
The DM240XR includes the ability to select the output frequency of 70/140 MHz or L-Band operation without any hardware modifications. The modulator offers a frequency agile IF output from 50 to 90 MHz, 100 to 180 MHz and 950 to 2050 MHz in 100 Hz steps. The DM240XR offers high data rates (up to 190 Mbps for the DVB-S2 and 238 Mbps for the DVB-S), and the most flexible modulation schemes available (QPSK, 8PSK, 16-QAM, 16APSK and 32APSK).
The DM240XR offers the flexibility to support up to three different data interfaces. The XR includes a built-in ASI interface along with the Plug-In Interface Card (PIIC) system which allows for the selection of two additional data interfaces that can be easily upgraded in the field.
Supported interfaces include DVB-ASI, HSSI, RS-422, M2P/DVB, LVDS M2P/DVB and Ethernet (Pro-MPEG CoP 3 and Bridge modes).
- DVB-S and DVB-S2 ready
- DVB-S2 data rates up to 190 Mbps
- DVB-S2 CM, VCM & ACM support
- DVB-S data rates up to 238 Mbps
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16-QAM, 16APSK, 32APSK
- Embedded MetaCarrier DVB-CID ETSI TS 103 129
- Powerful LDPC with BCH coding
- AutoEQ group delay and amplitude equalization
- Frequency-agile 50 to 90, 100 to 180, and 950 to 2050 MHz
- ETSI EN 302 307 (DVB-S2), ETSI EN 301 210 (DVB-S)
- ETSI EN 300 421 and ITU-1294 System B (DSS)
- Built-in ASI data interface
- Monitor port available
- Web browser user interface
- Multiple 1:1 and 1:N redundancy options available
- Internet Service Providers
- Direct To Home
- Broadcast Contribution and Distribution
- Satellite News Gathering
- Broadband Interactive Services
- Digital Cinema
- High Speed Content Delivery
- IPTV / Business Television